The gturtle.net website will help people interested in the rescue, conservation and biology of sea turtles in the Gulf of Mexico stay connected, share information and communicate in response to the BP Deepwater Horizon oil spill, and beyond.
Keeping in Touch
Join the Gulf of Mexico Sea Turtle Network listserv by sending an e-mail message to the webmaster.
- Ware M, Fuentes MMPB (2018) A comparison of methods used to monitor groundwater inundation of sea turtle nests. JExpMarBiolEcol 503:1-7
- Perrault JR, Bresette MJ, Mott CR, Stacy NI (2018) Comparison of Whole Blood and Plasma Glucose Concentrations in Green Turtles (Chelonia mydas) Determined Using a Glucometer and a Dry Chemistry Analyzer. JWildlDis 54:196-199
- Perrault JR, Stacy NI, Lehner AF, Mott CR, Hirsch S, Gorham JC, Buchweitz JP, Bresette MJ, Walsh CJ (2017) Potential effects of brevetoxins and toxic elements on various health variables in Kemp's ridley (Lepidochelys kempii) and green (Chelonia mydas) sea turtles after a red tide bloom event. SciTotalEnviron 605-6:967–979
- Caillouet CW Jr, Putman NF, Shaver DJ, Valverde RA, Seney EE, Lohmann KJ, Mansfield KL, Gallaway BJ, Flanagan JP, Godfrey MH (2016) A call for evaluation of the contribution made by rescue, resuscitation, Rehabilitation, and release translocations to Kemps ridley sea turtle (Lepidochelys kempii) population recovery. HerpetolConservBiol 11:486–496
- Bevan E, Wibbels E, Najera BMZ, Sarti L, Martinez FI, Cuevas JM, Gallaway BJ, Pena LJ, Burchfield PM (2016) Estimating the historic size and current status of the Kemp's ridley sea turtle (Lepidochelys kempii) population. Ecosphere 7:1-15
- Justin R Perrault, Katherine D Bauman, Taylor M Greenan, Patricia C Blum, Michael S Henry, Catherine J Walsh (2016) Maternal transfer and sublethal immune system effects of brevetoxinexposure in nesting loggerhead sea turtles (Caretta caretta) fromwestern Florida. AquatToxicol 180:131-140
- Fujisaki I, Lamont MM (2016) The effects of large beach debris on nesting sea turtles. JExpMarBiolEcol 482:33-37
- Heaton AJ, Pulis EE, Pitchford JL, Hatchett WL, Carron AM, Solangi M (2016) Prevalence and transience of ingested fishing hooks in Kemp's ridley sea turtles. ChelonConservBiol 15:257-264
- Putman NF, Abreu-Grobois FA, Iturbe-Darkistade I, Putman EM, Richards PM, Verley P (2015) Deepwater Horizon oil spill impacts on sea turtles could span the Atlantic. BiolLett 11:20150596
- Lamont MM, Houser C (2014) Spatial distribution of loggerhead turtle (Caretta caretta) emergences along a highly dynamic beach in the northern Gulf of Mexico. JExpMarBiolEcol 453:98-107
See 249 more articles from Seaturtle.org Library