The gturtle.net website will help people interested in the rescue, conservation and biology of sea turtles in the Gulf of Mexico stay connected, share information and communicate in response to the BP Deepwater Horizon oil spill, and beyond.
Keeping in Touch
Join the Gulf of Mexico Sea Turtle Network listserv by sending an e-mail message to the webmaster.
- Justin R Perrault, Katherine D Bauman, Taylor M Greenan, Patricia C Blum, Michael S Henry, Catherine J Walsh (2016) Maternal transfer and sublethal immune system effects of brevetoxinexposure in nesting loggerhead sea turtles (Caretta caretta) fromwestern Florida. AquatToxicol 180:131-140
- Fujisaki I, Lamont MM (2016) The effects of large beach debris on nesting sea turtles. JExpMarBiolEcol 482:33-37
- Putman NF, Abreu-Grobois FA, Iturbe-Darkistade I, Putman EM, Richards PM, Verley P (2015) Deepwater Horizon oil spill impacts on sea turtles could span the Atlantic. BiolLett 11:20150596
- Lamont MM, Houser C (2014) Spatial distribution of loggerhead turtle (Caretta caretta) emergences along a highly dynamic beach in the northern Gulf of Mexico. JExpMarBiolEcol 453:98-107
- Phillips KF, Mansfield KL, Die DJ, Addison DA (2014) Survival and remigration probabilities for loggerhead turtles (Caretta caretta) nesting in the eastern Gulf of Mexico. MarBiol 161:863-870
- Gallaway BJ, Caillouet CW Jr, Plotkin PT, Gazey WJ, Cole JG, Raborn SW (2013) Kemp's Ridley Stock Assessment Project: Final Report. 291pp
- Lamont MM, Carthy RR, Fujisaki I (2012) Declining reproductive parameters highlight conservation needs of loggerhead turtle (Caretta caretta) in the northern Gulf of Mexico. ChelonConservBiol 11:190-196
- Monte-Luna P, Guzmán-Hernández V, Cuevas EA, Arreguín-Sánchez F, Lluch-Belda D (2012) Effect of North Atlantic climate variability on hawksbill turtles in the Southern Gulf of Mexico. JExpMarBiolEcol 412:103-109
- Leung M-R, Marchand M, Stykel S, Huynh M, Flores JD (2012) The effect of localized oil spills on the Atlantic loggerhead turtle population dynamics. OpenJEcol 2:109-114
- Witherington B, Hirama S, Hardy R (2012) Young sea turtles of the pelagic Sargassum-dominated drift community: Habitat use, population density, and threats. MarEcolProgSer 463:1-22
See 223 more articles from Seaturtle.org Library